Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Welcome!

I've been interested in fashion blogging for awhile, but as the fabulous Academichic is closing its doors, I grew inspired to start my own fashion blog, after a brief foray elsewhere last year. I want to write about what I'm wearing as I teach my students, study for my PhD comprehensive exams, take the exams, what I wear to a conference, and on the job market. I want to write about the theories behind my wardrobe choices, how my gender identity and sexuality play into those choices, and how my external environment (whether that's the political or meteorological climate) influences sartorial decisions. I'm hoping to recruit my friends (though they don't know it yet), and I'm hoping to make the morning drudgery of choosing an outfit fun again.

The title of the blog, My Tippet Only Tulle, comes from an Emily Dickinson poem. A tippet is a long cape or scarf, and was usually made of fur. The title reflects both my literary leanings as well as my impulse to go against the grain, to be daring in my fashion choices, and don something others might deem inappropriate.

Also, the font of the header is based on Jane Austen's handwriting.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comments:

From Suns To Moons said...

Welcome, Ecrivaine (and Cee). I look forward to our ensuing academic and sartorial dialogue.

Post a Comment