Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What I Wore to Exams

Today I'm going to take the oral section of my exam. It's three hours in a room with my five professors, and I am nervous, but I also feel prepared. I anticipate there will be some moments when I don't know the answers to the questions asked, but I know my committee wishes me well. Now I just have to relax, breathe, and have a great conversation with them.

This is the dress I'm wearing, by Bertha Pearl of Size Queen Designs, out of PDX.



Dress: Size Queen

I wore this dress during the Friday Night Fashion Show at NOLOSE (that's actually what this photo is from), and I felt so comfortable and confident in this dress. I love houndstooth, and I love the sleeve length. It's very comfortable, and I think it's professional as well (I'm wearing a teal camisole under it today).

I am looking forward to passing my orals, then making it through the 72-hour written exam, which I'll start on Friday afternoon and finish on Monday afternoon. This is the biggest thing I will do as a PhD student, since the dissertation defense is not nearly as scary and stressful.

Thanks for all your support and for following along!

2 comments:

Mama Pants said...

That dress is just a bunch of sassy sauce. I love it. It is perfect for your oral exams, professional, comfrotable, pretty. Oh my, I want it in my closet NOW.

I know you are going to do great. But still sending you happiness and calm vibes.

The Chawmonger said...

Hey, I haven't looked at this blog in way too long (apparently since before you went to NoLose!), but I just wanted to say I just love this dress! You look gorgeous in it :-)

Post a Comment