Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Winded Wednesday

Is it really only Wednesday? I've started a new medication, and I'm really having a hard time adjusting to its side effects. They're supposed to go away after a few weeks, but right now, I'm feeling so lightheaded and weak, which is a hazard when walking across campus and teaching.

My outfit today isn't exactly as I wanted it to be (despite owning several black belts, I couldn't locate a single one this morning), but I'm happy with how my pattern mixing worked out.


I think that wearing a shirt over a dress (or a skirt over a dress) is a great way to extend and remix your wardrobe. As you can see in the later photos, this is a totally different look as a dress and as a top over a dress. After taking these photos this morning, I tucked in the bits of the dress that were sticking out of the shirt before I left for campus, but I really like the mix of polka dots and stripes, and my defiance of the fashion maxim that fat women can't wear stripes. 

This is a very casual dress, but I think the polka dot top breaks up the pattern and makes it a little more formal and interesting. As I said, I think it would have been a better outfit with a black belt to further accentuate the boundary between shirt and dress, but oh well. 


Dress: Old Navy
Top: Lane Bryant
Necklace: I honestly can't remember where I got this.


It's so hot today (100 degrees), and the top is fitted, not flexible at all, so it wasn't actually comfortable. I  wanted to be more comfy hanging around the house, cleaning and studying, so I took off the polka dot top when I got home. The dress came with a matching tie belt, but I didn't bother putting it back on.


Do you ever mix patterns?

1 comments:

NB said...

I would never have thought to mix patterns like this, but I love it! I love the different scale of the two patterns and the way they're unified with a common color.

Post a Comment