Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Catching Up

It's so hot here that the state has issued a heat advisory and many elementary and high schools are closing early for the day. But I still have to teach! Here are the outfits I wore Monday and today in a desperate attempt to look professional while not succumbing to heat stroke, which I am very prone to. I long for the cooler days when I can just throw a blazer over everything. I can't even stand to wear much jewelry in this heat, because it's so sweaty and sticky.

My students have been little pills, too, so that's frustrating. It shocks me how recalcitrant they are, just sitting there refusing to work during class time. Fortunately that's only one of my classes, but it's draining.

Dress: Target


Dress: LucieLu

I wore my Mia sandals with both of these outfits. The flipflops are just my "inside shoes."

The green dress is one of my favorites because it's so light and comfortable. I also wore it on Sunday to go to open houses. The pink and gray dress is wrinkled, yes, but that's pretty unavoidable in this weather. I have at least five versions of this dress in different color combinations. Some are sleeveless, some have sleeves, all have a different image on the skirt. Sometimes the skirt is the brightly colored part, and sometimes it's the top. I think these were some of the first dresses I bought back in 2010, when I first started identifying as a femme. They don't fit quite as well as they used to, but I still love them. I have tried everything to keep the skirt wrinkle-free, to no avail, so I finally gave up. Oh well. I think in this heat, everyone is bound to be disheveled, and my boss wears jogging shorts to work, so I think I'll be ok.

0 comments:

Post a Comment