Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Weekend Musings

Here I sit on a Sunday night, waiting for my sleeping pill to kick in, and dreading the heat wave headed our way in the upcoming week. My classrooms are so hot (even though they tell me the buildings are air conditioned) and a week of sweating through every class was not fun. 

I didn't take any photos of my outfits this weekend, but I was house hunting both days, and I did dress up for the many open houses I went to. I am in no rush, but I'm looking to buy my first home, thanks to the affordability of the Midwest. On Saturday, I wore a Chambray shirt dress accented with a red skinny belt, and my new favorite warm weather shoes: my silver Mia sandals. They're just so comfortable and cute and they go with everything! I wore them again today with a simple sea foam green dress Target that is probably the most comfortable dress I own. Both are sure to make appearances on the blog soon.

I hardly ever dress up when I'm home with my family (I'm not sure why, but Femme as an identity is so queer and sexual for me, and tied into being fat, that I think I feel uncomfortable performing this particular aspect of identity with my family. My dad, a hard sell, complimented me on my outfit on Saturday, and talked about how professional I was. That compliment felt huge!

I downloaded a free app for my iPod called Closet, which lets you take photos of every item of clothing you own, tagging and sorting them and putting them into outfits. I've only just started using it, but I'm loving it already. I'm hoping it will help me keep my shopping addiction under control, since this week I stress-shopped a ton. I'm thrilled with the items I ordered (eShakti is my new best friend, and I'm giving ModCloth a try), but I really shouldn't have spent the money I did. It all started because I had a hair appointment at a salon in the mall, right across from Lane Bryant, so I was returning several items I'd purchased by mail, and tried on a few things they had in the store. I was so livid that their brightly colored skinny belts didn't fit me I went on an online shopping rampage. Whenever I think I need that one special item, I get sort of obsessive. Do you get obsessed with finding some elusive plus size item?

I'm still not sure what I'm going to wear tomorrow. Something light, I hope. Something easy. Something to help me stay professional and still bear the heat.

How do you get through temperature extremes in the office? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment