Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thursday

I survived my first week as a professor!

This has been an exhausting week, and today was incredibly frustrating. It was pouring rain, my first two outfits didn't work out, and I only got a few hours of sleep last night, then my students were jerks in my first class. I've been really depressed most of this week, to be honest, though I'm loving my adult literacy class, and I have that last, so it did brighten up my day.

Here's the outfit I ended up with. I've been taking selfies in the bathroom next to my classroom to share my outfits on instagram. I just didn't get a better outfit photo today.



Dress: Old Navy
Watch: Gift from my dad for my PhD graduation
Necklace: Gift from my niece/SIL
Glasses: Warby Parker

My hair was cute at least. In the back I had it in a cute updo, but I couldn't get a good shot of it. I wanted to accessorize this basic navy dress with some color, but I couldn't find the belt I wanted nor the necklace, so I just said "fuck it." At least I was comfortable.

I have a closet full of clothes, but some days nothing feels right and I really struggle on those days. I think up outfits that don't work out in reality, and I get so discouraged. I never seem to have the effort to dress how I want to in my mind, or if I make the effort, there's a malfunction or something. Times like this, I really feel insecure about calling myself femme, even though I know I don't need to feel that way. I wish I could be on point, high femme, flawless, but I am full of flaws, and that's ok.

0 comments:

Post a Comment